Friday, July 16, 2010

Tool # 9 Assignment


Since our school have the ipods, Jing would be great to use with it. I would love to give my students the experience of talking to pre k students in other countries through Skype. Share ideas, maybe have them ask questions such as: what do they do for fun, games that they play, etc... Also, students could be asked to make questions about an assigned topic, then create a book together about the things they learned and also turn it into a writing activity for them. Another way in which I would like to use Skype with my students is having a virtual field trip to a place in another contry related to our theme or unit(Ex. zoo). Exchanging ideas about how others live in other countries it's great to develop language (Ex.talk and ask questions in complete sentences). It's amazing all the websites available to us. Nowadays, we can integrate technology in our classroom in so many different ways. I used skype before to communicate with my family in Puerto Rico. It's great now having the opportunity to bring that into my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment